Thursday, May 26, 2011

inspiration: looking for the quiet

Finding quiet spaces, places to reflect and let ideas unfold, giving one’s self the gift of that, may at times seem difficult, and at times, it is. It’s necessary though, both to look for that quiet and to accept it when it comes.

clouds over newry city, county down, northern ireland sunset copyright kerry dexterSometimes, you find it by looking up.

This photograph was made just at sunset in the midst of the very busy city center in Newry, County Down, Northern Ireland.


photograph is copyrighted. thank you for respecting this.

this post is part of an occasional series on seeking and finding inspiration for and through music and other creative ways of life.

You may also wish to see

Music Road: words, music, and national poetry month
Music Road: Irish music, Irish landscape
Music Road: Scotland's Highlands in music: Duncan Chisholm

and
Delicious Baby's Photo Friday, where travelers offer new insights to the world each Friday.

-->If you'd like to support my creative work,
here is a way to do that, through PayPal. Note that you do not have to have a PayPal account to do this.Thank you.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Kerry Dexter at

7 Comments:

Blogger Anjuli said...

This post came at a most opportune time- when I am NEEDING to find quiet! ha ha!! I loved the photo- and it just highlighted everything the post was saying...esp. the fact it was taken from a busy city- and yet it looks so nice and tranquil. GREAT Post!!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Living Large said...

I love this photo. Beautiful and quite inspiring!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Vera Marie Badertscher said...

Agree with Anjuli--just looking at this makes me calm. Actually, I start every morning by looking at the blue Arizona sky and thanking the world for being there.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Mmmmm. Beautiful.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous sarah henry said...

lovely concept, i feel calmer already. must be why my office is plastered with images from the natural world

9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm impressed that you said the photo was "made." A travel editor friend of mine recently told me she was informed by a travel photographer that this is the correct way to phrase that. I've always said or written "taken," as in, "the photograph was taken..." In fact, photos are made, just as you say here. I rarely see that being correct phrase being used. Now that I have, it does make sense. Not that this has much to do with your post, actually. It's just something I noticed as I spend some time here reading your blog.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Kerry Dexter said...

Bike Lady,
actually, I think what you say does have do with my post quite well. thanks for sharing your thoughts.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home