Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thinking about singing


Not long ago, Shannon Heaton, who makes her living playing and singing music, wrote a post in which she considered looking at music structurally, analytically, in preparation for performance, and then getting into the fearless moment of peforming, and came up with a memorable image about that, too.

I've found myself thinking about singing in the same way but from a different place . I was at a pair of good singing sessions recently and really wanted to offer a song, but didn't, stayed with singing harmonies. That was fine, but I really wanted to join the conversation by sharing a song or two. Not sure where that will lead, but as that sort of welcoming situation usually occurs for me when I'm in Ireland and Scotland, maybe I have a bit of time to sort that out. Or not.



you might also want to see

Matt & Shannon Heaton: Fine Winter's Night concert

thinking about sessions

Songs of Homecoming, to Scotland and other places

-->If you'd like to support my creative work,
here is a way to do that, through PayPal. Note that you do not have to have a PayPal account to do this.Thank you.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Kerry Dexter at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home