Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Creative practice: oasis


I’ve been thinking a lot about the idea of oasis -- a place of renewal -- as a physical place, lately, in part because the folks over at the travel site Trazzler are holding a contest for writing about that idea. I’ve thought about places I might write about,and places I know I won’t. It’s also occurred to me along this track of thought that music sometimes arises from, and sometimes leads to, places of renewal in the physical world, and that music is often an oasis itself, whatever the place may be like where you hear it, or play it. I’d welcome your thoughts on any of that.



You may also want to see

Music Road: Songs of Homecoming, to Scotland and other places

Music Road: Irish music, Irish landscape

Music Road: ten songs

other things I’ve written about for Trazzler including Celtic Connections in Glasgow, the Sean McGuire Mural on the Falls Road in Belfast, Veggie Planet in Cambridge, Massachusetts and the Cactus Cafe in Austin, Texas

-->If you'd like to support my creative work,
here is a way to do that, through PayPal. Note that you do not have to have a PayPal account to do this.Thank you.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Kerry Dexter at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home