Friday, November 26, 2010

Music and quiet

carrie hand copyright kerry dexter

peace passim copyright kerry dexter
Thanksgiving and the first Sunday in Advent: both times for reflection and quiet, I think, in the midst of many things which may distract from that.


For me, silence is always a part of that reflection and quiet too, as is good conversation. And part of both of those is music.

Music to go along with these ideas

Music Road: Best Music, 2010
Music Road: Another Fine Winter's Night: Matt & Shannon Heaton
Music Road: autumn music: preparation and presence
Music Road: late summer: two for the road







you may also wish to see
Delicious Baby's Photo Friday, where travelers offer new insights to the world each Friday

-->Your support for Music Road is welcome and needed. If you are able to chip in, here is a way to do that, through PayPal. Note that you do not have to have a PayPal account to do this. Thank you.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Kerry Dexter at

5 Comments:

Anonymous NoPotCooking said...

I didn't even realize it was the first Sunday in Advent. Yikes. I love the idea of music to go along with quiet

11:00 AM  
Anonymous ruth pennebaker said...

You're right. We all need silence to revive ourselves -- especially in the holiday season.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Alisa Bowman said...

Thanks for the listening list! I like silence, too.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Stiavetti said...

Aaaah, silence is one of my favorite sounds. It can speak volumes. :)

2:59 AM  
Anonymous kris bordessa said...

I like the idea of silence, but truth be told, I'm happier when I can hear birdsong or rain or wind to back up the quiet. It's the electronic noise that I could do without.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home