Friday, November 13, 2009

photographing music: hands, continued


There are times when a musician's hands are as expressive as his or her face and voice.























from gigs in Massachusetts, Texas, Louth, Glasgow



you may also want to see

Music Road: Celtic Connections 2009: images


Music Road: photographing music: hands

Music Road: Irish music, Irish landscape

for a range of interesting photography, visit
Delicious Baby's Photo Friday

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Kerry Dexter at

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always make me think about music in different ways, and I enjoy it.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Tim Marks said...

Musicians hands are always so expessive. I alway appreciate it when I can get close enogh to get that kind of shot. Yours are quite cool!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous TheWordWire said...

This brings back good memories of watching a friend play guitar. Thanks for the perspective!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Marina K. Villatoro said...

This is the most unique post i've seen the whole day. Also your photos express so perfectly whst you are trying to say.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart said...

That's such an interesting idea. I wonder what on earth photos of writer's hands would show.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Alexandra Grabbe said...

I love the way you focus in on the unexpected, like a musician's hands, which helps us understand the skill required to make music and the passion involved in producing it.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Carolina said...

I love it, nice perspective on all those shots.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Dominique said...

I always enjoy your posts and your unique perspective on the intersection of music and the visual

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VEry creative photography! I love watching hands, whether musicians or painters... fascinating.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home