Friday, August 13, 2010

Music and perspective

snowsunday street louth copyright kerry dexter
it is the depths of a very hot summer, most places in the northern hemisphere just now. Sorting through images earlier this week, I came across this photograph of another time, not so long ago, made on a winter Sunday morning. Quite a different perspective.

Music can do that, too: shift you into another way of viewing or hearing things, bring back memories or open new doors. If you’d like, tell us in the comments below about a time when music did that for you.


photographs is of a very snowy January morning in Louth, Republic of Ireland.


you may also wish to see
here’s a way you can help the people of Pakistan, who are dealing with severe flooding

Music Road: Potato Music
Music Road: Island & Sea & Gaelic song: Maggie MacInnes
Music Road: R Carlos Nakai: Talisman

and Delicious Baby's Photo Friday, where travelers offer new insights to the world each Friday

-->If you'd like to support my creative work,
here is a way to do that, through PayPal. Note that you do not have to have a PayPal account to do this.Thank you.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Kerry Dexter at

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dominique said...

I just posted a comment elsewhere about how I enjoyed seeing the same scene from different perspectives, and specifically mentioned how I enjoyed a seasonal comparison.
We've got a few lighthouses we've photographed in both the winter and summer, and I always love the contrast in those shots. Looking at the winter scenes on a hot, humid day just make me feel a touch cooler.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Sarah V. said...

The sight of snow is particularly strange for me since I live in Texas, and we don't get snow here at all. I'm originally from a place with dramatic changes from one season to another, so I'm still getting used to this.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home