Saturday, June 18, 2011

Old stories, old songs: Róisín Dubh by Elsafty, Armstrong, Browne

this really doesn't need anything from me except to advise you to watch and listen, and to let you know the musicians are Ronan Browne on pipes, Róisín Elsafty the singer, and Siobhán Armstrong playing the harp, at the Galway Early Music Festival


more about sean nos and about the EAB trio members to come...

you may also wish to see

Cathie Ryan also does a mesmerizing version of Roisin Dubh, which she recorded when she was with Cherish the Ladies
Music Road: harps and Celtic Connections
Ma Bhionn Tu Liom Bi Liom

-->Your support for Music Road is welcome and needed. If you are able to chip in, here is a way to do that, through PayPal. Note that you do not have to have a PayPal account to do this. Thank you.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Kerry Dexter at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Melanie Haiken said...

Gosh this is gorgeous and I'm so jealous - I went to a wonderful music festival on the Isle of Mull off Oban that I've never forgotten. Until then I'd found bagpipes annoying; now I love them!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home